The holiday season is upon us, summer is long over, but is that any reason to shift our silks and favorite summer pieces to the back of the closet?
Hark+Hammer empathically answers NO!
Above: HARK+HAMMER Silk Culotte in Floral Abyss paired with a cozy sweater and animal print pumps.
We embrace seasonless dressing. To us, a trans-seasonal closet offers a classic, timeless wardrobe that works for us and supports our lifestyles, roles and responsibilities in a wide variety of scenarios. The HARK+HAMMER line was designed as a collection of classic pieces with modern silhouettes reinterpreted in fine Italian silk with artistic prints. Every piece in the collection, from the slip to the T-shirt to the shirt dress, from the culotte to the jogger pant, from the cami to the blouse, the kimono top to the bomber jacket, was designed to be worn year round for many years.Key to this concept is style, not trend, and not necessarily even fashion. Curating a seasonless wardrobe is only possible once you have discovered and explored your own personal expression of style. It is not following trends. It is about investing in classic staples that are versatile, luxurious, and you.
Above: The HARK+HAMMER Silk Cami in Cobra Kaleidoscope worn with a soft, slouchy cardigan
Obviously, the key to trans-seasonal effortless dressing is layering, and when you start with classics , the options are endless. Here are some of the ways we love to layer the pieces in our collection:
- HARK+HAMMER Dresses - The Silk Shirt Dress, The Silk T-Shirt Dress, The Silk Bias Slip Dress, The Reversible Silk Slip Dress, and The Silk Leveled Dress:
- Wear with denim or leggings, with boots, pumps or ballet flats
- For extra warmth, wear over a comfy turtleneck
- Layer over a long skirt or maxi dress
- Throw a denim, leather, or wool jacket over it and you are ready for anything
- (Don't forget the accessories)
- HARK+HAMMER Tops - The Silk Cami, The Silk Blouse, The Silk T-Shirt:
- The Cami can be layered over or under a sweater or turtleneck
- Wear the Cami under the Blouse for a luxurious under-layer
- The Silk Tshirt and the Blouse can glam-up a basic black rollneck
A critical piece for every seasonless wardrobe, and well worth investing in, is a timeless bomber jacket. Loved by men and women, the options are endless and you will wonder how you ever lived without this versatile classic.
Above: Hark+Hammer Reversible Silk Bomber in Botanica Ivory and Venom Black
Our printed silk bomber jacket features raglan sleeves and banded ribbed knit trim and is designed with a reversible two-in-one silhouette featuring an all over print one side and print-mixing on the reverse. It is available in five silk print combinations.
Above: The Reversible Silk Bomber Jacket in Venom Black and Hothouse Floral with The Silk Jogger in Black Venom and The Peony T-shirt from the S.T.D. by Hark + Hammer Philanthropy capsule collection.
For a seasonless wardrobe, it is not how much you have in your closet. Rather, it is having select, quality pieces that you can put together in ways that fit your lifestyle and express your own, personal style. Seriously, we have too much on our plates to think about what season it is and how we feel about wearing white after Labor Day.
HARK+HAMMER Corporate Responsibility Commitments:
- Supporting high-end fashion manufacturing in the heart of downtown Los Angeles, taking pride in utilizing local resources.
- Creating fabrics at fine Italian silk mills, while using advanced technology to reduce the environmental footprint.
- Producing philanthropy capsule collections, currently a t-shirt line showcasing original artwork by local artists, benefiting various worldwide causes. This season the S.T.D. by HARK+HAMMER is donating a percentage of proceeds to support Planned Parenthood.
- Building a sustainable, ethical, pro-woman and family-friendly enterprise under the direction of HARK+HAMMER and a professional team of highly creative women.